7.21.2006

Train crossing story

or I Damn Near Died

I'll make this brief. I was on my way to meet with my mother-in-law to be when I came upon the rail crossing at Hungary Rd. I heard the sounds of a train blowing its horn. It was early morning (for me) so I didn't think much of it, but it did register as being really loud. I looked ahead and the cross gates were still in their upright position and there were no lights flashing. "I'm good", I thought to myself then I heard it again, BWAAWWWWWWNK, train horn. "Oh shit!" There was a train coming, and no signals. I slammed on brakes and managed not to die. A container of goods, from my recent move, flew from the back seat and hit me in the back of the head, spilling its contents all over the cab and out the window.

Then I realized the train was hardly moving. I wasn't in danger, except from my own emergency driving. A few minutes to collect my composure (and a few lost articles) and check to see if I had wet myself (I had not) and I was on my way.

I don't recommend it to everyone, but that impending doom feeling... better than coffee.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi! Just want to say what a nice site. Bye, see you soon.
»

12:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home