2.20.2006

I no longer have a girlfriend.

So, yesterday I proposed to the love of my life. Luckily, she said yes! (I knew she would.) So I no longer have a girlfriend, I have a fiance! I can't wait to spend the rest of my life with her, she's so awesome. Thank you to Valerie and Audra for helping me put things together, and to everyone else for coming (and not spilling the beans). Yesterday was the best day of my life, to date, and I look forward to many more with Future Wife. The wonderful thing is, the families on both sides seem pleased, even excited. It's so wonderful to know that I'll be joining a family that loves and respects me already, it means a lot to me, and I know it does to Robin too.

I hope I can continue to make Robin happy throughout the rest of our years. She means so much to me. She inspires me, delights me and loves me more than I've ever felt. (Plus she's totally hot!) Robin, thank you, for everything that you are. I love you. Our wedding will be here sooner than we think, but not soon enough.

4 Comments:

Blogger Bryan Harris said...

I share this tidbit with you because it's the kind of thing you would enjoy knowing. Robin is not your fiance, but your fiancee (or, I guess, if you want to get technical, your fiancée); you, however, may proudly proclaim yourself to be her fiancé. Who knew a silent "e" could make so much of a difference? Well, Tom Lehrer did, but that's a story for another time.

Oh, yeah, welcome to the clan. 8^)

11:07 AM  
Blogger Dr Jones said...

i didn't even know there was a difference. how do you do the accent mark? why two "e"'s? the french are crazy. i'm gonna change it to "my betrothed", screw the french. i stuck up for them during the whole "freedom fry" stupidity, but they let me down on this one. stupid french. and thanks.

9:29 PM  
Blogger Dr Jones said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

9:42 PM  
Blogger mitsugomi said...

Ah, let me put on my bilingual Canadian hat and help here.

The acute accent on the e (é) is so that you know to pronounce it: making the word fian-say instead of fians.

In French, the word defaults to denoting the masculine. Adding the second e makes it the feminine form of the word--thus making it clear, at least on the page, if you are a he-fiancé or a she-fiancée.

But, on a far more important matter, congratulations to you both! My husband and I just celebrated our 5th anniversary, and I hope that you two are always as happy together as we have been.

12:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home