3.30.2006

My new ride.

So... most of you know that a few months ago someone decided to ruin my sweet bike. Which sucked and left me without my city transport. My parents, being the people that they are, got me a new bike for my birthday. Which is very cool, and I don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth, or anything or anyone else in the mouth for that matter. If I did, I'd become a dentist. But all that aside, I don't like my new bike. For one, it's a mountain bike style, which is okay, but makes traversing streets a bit more difficult (and I'm used to a street bike). And I say style because I don't know that I'd actually trust it to the mountains. The wide, soft, knobby tires generate lots of friction which helps quite a bit for off road biking, but on the streets just makes things harder. Two, it's a cheap bike. My folks are nice, but not rich, so they bought me a bike from Wal-Mart (cause they don't know about Re-Cycles). It's heavy as hell, which doesn't help anything. The derailleur is not prone to acting appropriately and tends to make the chain lock or slip at the most inopportune times. The bike pulls to the left, probably due to an error on the part of a Wal-Mart assembler person. Last but not least, it's too small for me. I need a 28" and this is a 26". I know that 26" is standard, but I'm not a standard size. Anyway, it'll still be fun, I'm just not sure what to do. I don't want to buy a new bike, 'cause I already have one. And I don't feel it's appropriate to get rid of this one. The frame itself isn't worth enough to put new equipment on. Maybe I'll put it in a yard sale. I don't know. So, like I said, I appreciate the gift, it was very nice and they wanted to do something really cool for me (probably my dad's idea), but I just don't know what to do.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You read it all?
hydrocodone lortab

3:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home